This page has moved to a new address.

My little project...

My Poppet : your weekly dose of crafty inspiration: My little project...

My Poppet : your weekly dose of crafty inspiration

Friday 24 August 2007

My little project...

...is coming along nicely. Sort of inspired by Posie's ripple blanket that i had seen a while ago on her blog, although mine is wavy and a bit ridgy because i tend crochet with a higher tension. Mum says I should go one needle size up to counteract my "tense tendencies", but i quite like the texture it ads to the piece and in this photo it reminds me a little of a topographical map, esp. with the earthy colours.





















I had the lovely Jenny (artist/interior designer/mum extraordinaire) drop in a couple of her canvases yesterday. This chook one is my favorite - Red, orange and pink work so well together - the perfect thing to brighten up a little girls room. It's amazing how many talented people are out in the community, undiscovered...until now.
Over the coming weeks I am hoping to feature stories about the talented people behind the labels/artwork. Who are they? What inspires them? ...
Time to get back to some real work...