This page has moved to a new address.

What I did on the weekend...

My Poppet : your weekly dose of crafty inspiration: What I did on the weekend...

My Poppet : your weekly dose of crafty inspiration

Tuesday 16 October 2007

What I did on the weekend...

I decided that filling out my BAS statement was way too boring a job for a Sunday afternoon. (Hi to our friends out there from the ATO by the way, I promise I'll get to it this week...probably...) So anyway, it's amazing how creative I feel when I really have much more serious issues at hand. I like to call this phenomenon 'Productive Procrastination'. It differs from my run of the mill type of procrastination (see prev. post) in that my house ends up a lot cleaner...amazing how the prospect of defrosting the freezer holds much more appeal than filling out my tax return. At least my fridge gets cleaned once a year!

So I suppose I'll have to thank the ATO (Australian Taxation Office!!!) for partly inspiring these little guys

They were made from unwanted knitwear that I felted in my washing machine. I have been collecting it for a while waiting for the perfect project to come along. I also made a stripey bear but he went to a new home before I could take the photo.

I really love recycling materials, it gives me a real buzz to think that I have reduced waste and created something special in the process.