This page has moved to a new address.

Frocktober!

My Poppet : your weekly dose of crafty inspiration: Frocktober!

My Poppet : your weekly dose of crafty inspiration

Thursday 2 October 2008

Frocktober!

The radio today told me it was 'Rocktober', but I beg to differ! Here at My Poppet it is officially Frocktober. I thought I was super clever coming up with the whole frocktober concept, but it seems like some clever girls in Geelong have taken it one step further and are raising money for ovarian cancer research. Well done ladies! If you are in the Geelong are and want to get involved to can find more info here.


My reasons for Frocktober are not so altruistic (I was just hoping to sell some more dresses!) but after doing a bit of research I found out that Ovarian cancer is one of the most serious forms of cancers affecting women. Every year approximately 400 women in Victoria are diagnosed, most of them with an advanced stage of the disease. This means one in 90 women have a chance of developing ovarian cancer in their lifetime, equal to a lifetime risk of 1.1%. If any of you would like to make a donation to the Ovarian Cancer Research Foundation just follow this link


So I'll be posting a picture of a frock a day for the rest of Frocktober. If you like it, buy it! Mention Frocktober and I'll donate $2 for every dress sold to the Ovarian Cancer Research foundation.

Chalk n Cheese Floral print Jersey Dress $59.95, sizes 1-6 available