This page has moved to a new address.

For Your Inspiration...

My Poppet : your weekly dose of crafty inspiration: For Your Inspiration...

My Poppet : your weekly dose of crafty inspiration

Sunday 6 February 2011

For Your Inspiration...

So you you've been eyeing off the vintage fabrics in the shop and wondering how to incorporate them into a project or two? Whilst combining these pretty fabrics for a special customer request, I imagined they'd make the perfect little baby quilt. So whilst Emma was napping one day, I made it! I know! Well it actually took a couple of days worth of naps, but it progressed fairly quickly. This project wasn't for me, or the shop, but for you. It's a little piece of inspiration to show you what can be done with a few scraps of fabric and a couple of quiet afternoons.
The quilt top used one of these Floral fabric 'charming' packs from the shop and some white fabric from my stash. Some batting and a piece of fabric for the back and you're set.

I'm particularly fond of one of the fabrics in this pack, the really big pink flowers with green foliage. It was the first ever fabric that started me on my textile collecting journey...now you can have a little piece of my collection too.

I was thinking of writing the pattern, would anyone be interested?

Labels: ,